Commercial and government organizations are staring at the confluence of three unique events:
- Unprecedented volumes of data
- The need to easily analyze this data, make sense of it and put it into action
- The importance of driving real business value from this analysis
It’s the perfect storm… to create opportunity.
Organizations can’t sit by and “wait out” this storm, due to several factors, chiefly: the shift of power to the consumer, internal pressures to do more with less and increased financial regulations and controls.
A recent IBM Institute for Business Value and MIT Sloan Management Review study confirms that organizations who are embracing analytics are significantly outperforming their competition. Those that wait it out will only fall farther behind and risk being at a significant disadvantage.
To help organizations speed past their competition, IBM announced its unique approach to analytics that harnesses the power of this perfect storm to transform the way organizations make decisions and empower individual employees to act confidently and decisively.
With IBM Smarter Analytics, organizations can now easily leverage the deepest portfolio of hardware, software, services and research capabilities to:
- Align, around information and create a trusted information foundation that improves IT economics and optimizes analytic workload performance.
- Anticipate, and shape business outcomes by leveraging Business Analytics to spot and analyze trends and anomalies, predict potential threats and opportunities, plan, budget, and forecast resources, and assess and manage risk.
- Act, with confidence, at the point of impact by embedding analytics directly into business processes and converting new insights into action.
- Learn, from solutions that get smarter with every outcome by returning confidence-based responses for the next best action, such as specific offers that should be made to a specific customer, at a specific time, and in a specific setting (online, in the store, etc.).
It is clear that traditional computing models simply cannot keep up with the increasing demands to do more with less.
That is why IBM Smarter Analytics will challenge and change the status quo by taking an organization’s most valuable natural resource – its data – and turn it into intellectual property.
The more data an organization has to analyze, the more patterns it can identify. And the more insight it can gain from those patterns, the better business outcomes it can drive.
The storm is coming. Are you prepared?
For more information:
- Listen to the replay of the IBM Smarter Analytics Leadership Summit
- Join the IBM Smarter Analytics conversations on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and/or Google+
To effectively compete in today’s changing world, it is essential that companies leverage innovative technology to differentiate from competitors. Learn how you can do that and more in the Smarter Computing Analyst Paper from Hurwitz and Associates.